Huntley Hills Pre-K Lottery Information
The 2020 Pre-K Lottery applications will be accepted from February 14th - March 12th. The Lottery drawing will be held on March 23rd.
- Child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2020
- Child must be a resident of Dekalb County*
* Note - A student is only eligible to participate in the pre-k lottery at the home school that serves the student's address for the 2020-2021 year the Dekalb County School District's website at http://www.dekalbschoolsga.org to determine your home school.
Documentation Needed to Apply:
- Official proof of birth (Birth Certificate, passport, hospital record of live birth, green card, pink card or federal I-94 card)
- Parent/Guardian identification
- Child's social security number
- Proof of residency* (Current gas, water or electric bill; signed lease agreement; and/or signed home mortgage contract)
*Note - In the event of co-residency, an Affidavit of Residence must be completed by the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and homeowner/lessee and submitted to the school with all required documents attached.
Additional Information Needed to Confirm Registration:
- Current immunization certificate - FORM 3231
- Current eye, ear, dental and nutrition examination certificate - FORM 3300
- Copy of social security card or signed waiver
If you have any questions, please contact 678-676-7402.
Huntley Hills Elementary holds 2 pre-k lotteries, one for Montessori and another for Traditional. When you enter the lottery you will need to declare which one you are entering. There are limited slots open for each one, names will be drawn on the lottery date and names not drawn that day are entered on a waiting list.
Georgia’s Pre-K Program has grown from serving a few hundred children in 1992 to being one of the most successful Pre-K programs in the country. The program has now served over one million children in a voluntary, universal, lottery-funded program.
Georgia's Pre-K Program is free for all eligible four-year-old children regardless of family income. Pre-K programs usually operate on the local public school system calendar for 6.5 hours a day, 180 days a year.
Georgia's Pre-K Program is different from other Pre-K or preschool programs that a child care provider may offer. Georgia's Pre-K is tuition-free, while other programs generally charge.
Instruction in Georgia’s Pre-K Program
The Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards (GELDS) form the foundation for Pre-K classroom instruction. The GELDS are aligned with Georgia’s Kindergarten Performance Standards to promote a seamless transition from Georgia’s Pre-K to kindergarten. You can learn more about the GELDS here: http://gelds.decal.ga.gov.
For more information on Georgia Pre-K visit here http://families.decal.ga.gov/PreK/